Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Today I went with my sister to her granddaughter's house for the Thanksgiving feast. I thought it was very brave of the granddaughter to tackle such a big undertaking, but her mother and mother-in-law was there to help. Not to mention her step-dad who made the gravy with nary a lump. Everyone brought food, so after we all stuffed ourselves, there was still lots of leftovers. The granddaughter, mother and mother-in-law cleaned up the kitchen, while the men watched football in the living room. A typical Thanksgiving Day. I imagine this scene was repeated in homes all over the U.S.















We didn't all say what we were thankful for, but I'm sure we were all thankful for family. The Gonzales family lost several close family members as did my sister and I. So, I think we were just grateful for each other.
My daughter had an interesting post on her blog today about Thanksgiving. Today was just an ordinary day in Europe, but my daughter remembered it was Thanksgiving in the U.S. and thinking about her family over here.
I hope everyone had something to be thankful for today.

No comments: