Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend Visitor

My granddaughter came to visit me on Friday, just in time for lunch. We went to Mi Casa, our favorite Mexican Restaurant. Saturday night we went to our favorite place for dinner, Nagame's and had Japanese food. In between time, we looked at hundreds of pictures. Mandy wanted some pictures of when she was growing up and she knew her Grandma had boxes of them. The drawback was, Grandma wouldn't let her take them home until they were scanned into her computer. So, that's what I spent a lot of time doing while she was here; scanning pictures. This is something that I've been meaning to do for a long time. I bought a nice photo album that holds 200 pictures to give to Mandy for Christmas, but that's as far as it got. So, now Mandy will have the fun of putting pictures in there herself. lol
We had a good visit, the pictures helped our reminiscing. I hadn't seen Mandy since October, so I was very happy to see her. I snapped Mandy's picture just before she left.
The Irises are starting to bloom, the white one is always my first one; second is Centre Court, shown here. The picture was taken on March 31. I'm anxious to see the new ones, several have buds and should be opening soon.
There are buds on some of my "unknowns." You know how it is when you divide the Iris clump and plant them here and there temporarily and somehow the names are not tracked very well. I hope I will be able to identify most of them this year. Some duplicates will be given away.
I planted the tomato plants and it looks like the cherry tomato has already been eaten by snails. Guess I will have to put snail bait out and hope the cat doesn't try to eat it.
I planted some Catnip for Maggie. I haven't seen her over there yet, but Savannah, the neighbor's cat sure enjoys it. She hugs it up one side and then the other; and then she lays on it. It was funny watching her. I hope Maggie will learn to enjoy the Catnip as much as Savannah does.

No comments: