Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Big Changes Coming. . . .

Yes, I am expecting big changes to happen soon. My sister told me of a nice mobile home for sale at Rancho Grande, a 55+ mobile home park in Atwater. So, I decided to see what I could get for my house and consider making the big move.
The real estate lady came up with comps and told me what I could probably get for this place. I thought it was a little low, but knowing that property values are way down, I thought I could accept that.
That same afternoon, my real estate lady came by to put up the for sale sign. Right behind her was a real estate lady from another company with the daughter of a prospective buyer. The daughter was enthused and called the mother right away to drive up from Southern California to see it. Their real estate lady took pictures of the house, yard, everything. Evidently they put in an offer before seeing it in person. Noon the next day, the mother was here and told me she loved the house and hoped I would accept their offer.
It looked like everything was going smoothly. Then the appraisal came in at $4,000. under the agreed upon price. I was shocked. I thought for sure it would be higher than asking price!! We compromised on the price and thought things were back on track. But, oh no, the Underwriters have to start all over again because the price changed and I was told it could take up to 20 additional days. That is absolutely crazy!! What do they do anyway? What could possibly take that long?
The people I feel bad about are the owners of the mobile that I am buying. They found a place they wanted in another town, but now they are concerned about the extra time it will take to close escrow, first on my house and then on their mobile. If they lose out on that place they will have no place to go. This Domino effect is driving us all crazy!!
I really don't understand what could possibly take the Underwriters so long to look everything over.
In the meantime I am enjoying the ripe cherries. My last Hurrah!

No comments: