Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1, 2012

I couldn't resist this cute cup and saucer flower pot that I found at Atwater's Wal-Mart. The little Begonia plant needed to be
re-potted anyway.
I've been enjoying the Olympics, especially the gymnastics. The five little U.S. girls are so cute and did so well, getting the Gold Medal.
I've been updating my mother's side of the family. Cousins sent in their updated information by email and I typed it into Family Tree Maker; making family group sheets and descendant charts and sending them back out. It's been very interesting. I'm glad a couple of my cousins suggested it. I'm going to send an updated gedcom file to the California Mennonite Historical Society next week so we can get our updated information in the next (Grandma 7) CD. They plan to have the new CD available September first.
Today is a milestone for one of my granddaughters. She got her first Radiation treatment today. Finally. She's had a long wait, partly because her health insurance didn't approve the type of treatment that she needs. Too bad doctors aren't allowed to make these decisions.

No comments: