Saturday, November 25, 2006

"Memories of Winton - 1911 - 1950"



In 2004, Rosalie and I published a book about the history of Winton, California, a small community in Merced County.
This hardback book with 530 pages and 750 pictures quickly sold out. We are now having the 3rd and final printing of this book.
The cost has remained the same, $35.00 per book, or $40.00 if mailed within the United States.
Besides history, the book contains excerpts from the old local newspapers, family information, school class pictures from Winton, Arundel, and Fruitland Schools.
For more information, contact Lorraine at CalifNative37@aol.com
Thank you.
NOTE: Rosalie and I recently reduced the price of the book to $25.00 or $30.00 if mailed within the U.S. We are selling the remainder of these books as of September 30, 2013.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Recently while standing in the Winton post office I noticed some old pictures hanging under the counter in a display case. It peeked my interest when I noticed the dates and recognized the old Winton newspaper building before it burned down.
I've lived here for 13 years and didn't realize this sleepy little town had so much history. Now since I have started looking for more information on the history of our town I've got more questions than answers. I'm wondering if anyone knows the best place to find more information on specific properties, what Winton was before it became a town, and any native American populations in the area if there was any. If anyone has any information that might help me I would really appreciated it. I'm really interested in the history of a property on Oakdale Rd also if anyone knows anything about the property at 2480. If you can help my email is dazdcatcher@hotmail.com thank you.

#gone said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.