Friday, September 12, 2008

We're Here

We have been in the Netherlands since Wednesday, Sept 3. My daughter met us at the airport in Amsterdam and hired a van taxi to take us with all our luggage to her house in Haarlem, about a 30 minute ride.
The next day we took the bus into the town of Haarlem, did a little tourist-type shopping and a lot of looking around. I had a hard time walking because of a pinched nerve in my lower back.
The next day, Friday, the tree trimmers were coming to take out the large pine tree in the front yard. My two friends took the bus to Haarlem again, but I stayed here and took some pictures of what was happening here.
On Saturday, Sandy drove us to Amsterdam and we saw the Van Gogh museum. Sandy pushed me around in a wheelchair. There's no way I could have walked it.
I have uploaded some of the pictures at flickr. See them here. More to follow. Pictured here is Bas, the cat at the top of the stairs on the 2nd floor. Claudia got the bed on the third floor, glad it wasn't me.

No comments: