Sunday, January 16, 2011

Celebrating

I've been doing a little celebrating lately. First my sisters took me to lunch at Nagame's last Thursday, then my granddaughter came to visit this weekend and she took me out to dinner last night at my favorite restaurant!!
You guessed it - Nagame's.
I took a picture of Mandy and Taylor, our server. We've been going to Nagame's since Taylor was a little 4-year old kid. Her mother has been working there all these years.
The big celebration? My 74th birthday. It's time to just ignore them.

I have another little cause for celebration. The Winton Centennial recipe book is finally at the publisher's. I am so glad to be done with that project. We gave everyone a whole year to submit their favorite recipes. Then the committee members typed them online. It took quite a while to type and proof-read 650 recipes. Then we had to pick out 9 pictures of Winton to include in the book. Four of the pictures were also in the "Memories of Winton 1911-1950" history book; 2 have been on the cover of the "Winton Hometown News" newsletter and 3 have not been in either publication.
Deciding what to have on the 4 personal pages took some thought and it seemed like the last minute details dragged on. But, it's finally done and we should get the final product between March 7 and March 14. I can hardly wait to see it. I'll be sure to let everyone know when the Winton Centennial recipe books are available.

No comments: