Sunday, May 22, 2011

Gifts from Abroad

Today my neighbor brought over some mail that they signed for me when I wasn't home. It was my Mother's Day present from my daughter in the Netherlands. I was so excited to see the book, "Travels With Greeley" by Andy in Amsterdam. I've been reading his blog for the last 3 years, ever since a couple of friends and I visited my daughter in Haarlem, NL. We didn't meet Andy, but he is a good friend of my daughter and her husband.
Sandy even had Andy autograph it for me.
Thanks Andy!!
I can't wait to read it.
Sandy also sent me a "Gardening Journal" with a fat little green pen. Wow, guess I'll have to get serious about gardening. I love flowers of all kinds.
Thanks Sandy, those are wonderful gifts.
I was out pulling some weeds this afternoon, but I wonder when I will get caught up on that, if ever. The weather was really nice today, not too hot. I actually enjoy pulling weeds, but I don't enjoy it long enough to make a big dent in it. Maybe tomorrow.
I've been to church the last 3 Sundays. Each time a different church, you might say I've been shopping around. I feel the most comfortable at the Atwater Methodist Church on Linden Street. They play the old hymns on an organ and piano. No guitars or drums there and that's a plus for an old lady like me. Their regular minister is on vacation so I'll have to go back when he is there. The visiting minister had a good lesson (sermon/talk) whatever they call it nowadays.

No comments: