Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Short Visit

John and Mandy drove in last night from Chico on their way to Pasadena and other Southern California cities. We had a short but nice visit.
They will be back in about a month and will be able to stay a little longer. I always enjoy seeing my granddaughter and her husband.
I think they brought the rain with them from Chico, it rained all day there, but not until evening in Atwater.
I have been lucky to find a couple of very pretty flowers the last couple of days. At Home Depot I found a "Rouletta" look-alike Ivy Geranium. This one is darker and is really prettier than Rouletta. Then yesterday I stopped at Lowes, looking for the Perennial Aster, which I didn't find, but was surprised to see Portulaca (Moss Rose) in the 6-packs. I looked for this flower earlier and couldn't even find the seeds. So, I was very happy to find them. I'm sure they will re-seed themselves in this sandy soil.

No comments: