Saturday, September 10, 2011

Removing the Lemon Tree

Pictured is my front yard with the big lemon tree. No one seemed to like the lemons, the rinds were thick and bumpy. The tree was too big with roots above the ground.
Joe and Keith came at 7 o'clock this morning to remove the tree.
Not much of a tree left. I was surprised at how fast it went. Two hours and they were gone.
Joe wanted me to see how big the roots were. That tree was probably 30 years old.
Hooray, the big lemon tree is gone. Now to find another dwarf Mandarin tree to plant in its place. I'll look for the "Honey" Mandarin unless someone can recommend something better. I have the Satsuma and I want one that will ripen at a different time. The Honey will, but it does have a lot of seeds. I can deal with that, so that's probably what I'll get. Maybe I can find one in Merced.
Keith even put my flag up. Just in time for tomorrow's 9-11 memorial day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice yard. Congratulations

Darius Adlam said...

Yeah, it's a nice yard. There are a lot of plants that give life to that place. In any case, it's a shame that the lemon tree got removed, but there's not much point in keeping it if you guys are planning to plant another tree there.

Lorraine said...

Nobody liked the lemons from that tree. I like Mandarins much better, so planted another small Mandarin. Still need to work on the front yard, but at least now a big tree is not making it look lopsided.