Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

My sister and I were invited to her granddaughter's for Thanksgiving dinner. Pictured is her granddaughter Stephanie, Richy and husband, J.R. The food was delicious.
They had 5 or 6 turkeys!! Good grief, that was a lot. The turkeys had different flavors. I chose the one with the Jalapenos. Little Richy said the prayer before we ate. He's a good little kid. Very polite.
Some of the turkeys were cooked in the garage in the deep fryer. Other family and friends were there. How many? 15 to 20 is a good guess. Everyone enjoyed the good food and had a good time.
Thanks Steph and J.R. It was a very good day.
I have so much to be thankful for. I think about this every day and know I am lucky to be living where I am with people my age around me. A yard big enough to enjoy, but not over-whelming. A devoted cat who loves me. lol.
Of course I am thankful for my family. I'm thankful that I'm able to talk once a week to my daughter who lives so far away. I'm thankful for the Atwater Methodist Church that I enjoy attending. The people are nice and friendly; the minister has wonderful messages for us each Sunday morning.
I'm thankful for the Afghan Claudia crocheted for me about 15 years ago that I still use every day. Nice for napping in the recliner.
In a few minutes I'll be thankful for my nice warm bed.
Goodnight all.


No comments: