Monday, May 5, 2014

Iris Plants on Order

Last Friday, I drove 3 ladies to Cathey's Valley to the Superstition Iris Gardens. The flowers were early this year, so it looked like peak season was maybe last week, but still lots of pretty Iris plants to consider. Three of us had our cameras out and were taking pictures of our favorites. I had photos of 26 different flowers. Way more than I wanted to order. We all decided to go home and look at our pictures on our computers and decide which ones to order.
I had already looked at pictures of them online; Superstition Iris Gardens is on facebook. One I really wanted was sold out early, even before we went up there. That was "Spice Lord." I got my list of what to order down to 7, then found out another favorite, "Bowled Over" sold out yesterday.
So, these are the six that I have on order. All are very beautiful, but next year I am going to order a few VERY EARLY. This first one is Croft's Caress.



This one is Dusky Challenger


This black one is "Here Comes the Night."


This eye-catching flower is "Solar Fire."


This is "Wedding Night."


This last one is "Company of One."


No comments: