Saturday, March 5, 2016

Mandy

My beautiful granddaughter, whom I adored, lost her battle with Cancer in December 2015. It was unbelievable and sad beyond anything I can say. I will always miss her.
We had a lot of fun together as she was growing up in Merced. I taught her how to ride her bike and after that we rode all over the strip park where we lived and rode around the school yard next to the strip park.
Mandy was such a smart child. Her mother sent her to Montessori School on 21st Street. Mandy loved that school and taught herself to read there.
Mandy was great friends with the little boy in our neighborhood and they spent many hours with imaginative role playing. they loved playing "Royalty" with exaggerated English accents. Such fun they had.
After high school Mandy moved with her family to Orland where she attended Chico State.
In Chico, she met and married John, the love of her life.
Here is the link to Mandy's obituary. at Find A Grave.

No comments: