Sunday, August 3, 2008

Next Winton Book

People keep asking Rosalie and I "when will the next Winton book be done?" We thought it would be finished before now, but so much has been happening. My husband was getting cancer treatments for a little over a year before he died in May last year. My brother broke his neck and was a quadriplegic for about 15 months before he died in February of this year. I had two brothers-in-law die, one two years ago and one this year. So, it's been hard emotionally for me. The most devastating was when my husband passed away. Besides the emotions you go through, the work has doubled. He used to take care of most of the yard and did the cooking. I'm still trying to sort things out, decide just how much can I really do myself. I have way too many fruit trees in the backyard, and I think I will have more taken out. It's just too much work. Well, I didn't plan to go on about my personal stuff.
About the Winton book: Rosalie and I plan to 'hit it hard' after the Winton Old Timers. We are hoping that more people will bring their pictures of Winton and people of Winton to the Old Timers so I can scan them into my laptop computer.
This next book will have the history of Winton from 1950-1975. We have already researched the information in the old newspapers.
I don't have that many school pictures. I did get a 1934 fourth grade class picture from my aunt and even though it's an older picture we will include it since it was not in the first Winton book. (Memories of Winton - 1911-1950) So, if you have pictures, that are not in the first Winton book, we would be interested in scanning them and may be able to include them in the next book. Thanks. You can email me at CalifNative37@aol.com People who know me can call or email.
The above picture of Dave Koehn, the bus driver is also from my aunt. Probably taken in 1942.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I hope you put in a section of the Winton Spring Festival...
Started in the 60's to support the Winton Elementary School Band and the Winton Merchantettes Softball team.

My sisters played for the softball team for many years.

Regards,

Eddie P. Arviso
son of Lydia and Joe Arviso, Winton, CA 1954-1995