Monday, August 17, 2009

Overgrown

I never thought all the plants in the raised bed would get so big! Some of them will have to be removed. Joe the gardener will be here Saturday to work up the ground around the patio. Maybe this fall (or winter) a couple of the plants will be transferred there.
I'm still looking for the Red Coreopsis. I should have bought the sorry-looking plant I saw last winter! Oh well. I can always take a chance on that online nursery.
The newly planted Irises still look good, but I will be glad when new leaves start to grow, then I won't worry about them anymore.

The recipe book project is coming along nicely. We now have 410 recipes and I am getting anxious to look into publishing details. It's about time to form a cookbook committee to hash over the many options and make decisions. I'm ready!!
But we did give everyone until the end of December to submit their recipes and there are a lot of people who haven't sent in their favorites yet. We need a minimum of 500 and more would be better. So, send your favorite recipes to wintoncookbook@aol.com

I have another project going. I borrowed all the original newsletters from Andrea and I'm scanning them, making a jpeg out of each page; then insert them into WordPerfect so the pages in each newsletter will be in order and each newsletter will be one document. (And not each page a separate document) After that, each newsletter is made into the PDF format. I'm going to put them on CDs. Sometimes a new member of the Winton Historical Society wants all the back issues of the newsletter and we don't have copies left over. We will have these CDs available at the Winton Old Timers for $5.00 each. They can print out a hardcopy if they want or just read it on their computer.

No comments: