Monday, August 31, 2009

A Re-Bloomer


This is "Autumn Circus" one of the Iris plants I purchased in Cathey's Valley last year. I don't have many re-bloomers, but I am happy with this one , it's very pretty and different.
Today, September 1st (the first Tuesday of the month) was the Winton Historical Society meeting.
Ten people signed up for the cookbook committee. I'm excited about that, things will really begin to happen now!
We will probably use the same publisher that we used last time. I just sent for their cookbook kit; can't wait to check it out and see what's new.
We have collected 424 recipes so far. I hope we get a lot more at the Winton Old Timers on September 27.
All of you Wintonites who haven't sent in your favorite recipes, there's no time like the present.
Send to Winton Historical Society, PO Box 554, Winton, CA 95388 or email wintoncookbook@aol.com
Please include your name and contact information. Thanks.

No comments: