Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Maggie's Cat Tree

Maggie finally got her Cat Tree today. I was told it would be delivered before noon; it finally got here at 4:00 p.m.
We had a lot of thunder, rain and wind last night and it scared Maggie. She used her cat door to go in the garage and hide under my car. I was surprised to find her there with her head peeking out.
So, today, she was still kind of skittish. She doesn't like the rain of course. Then when the big truck drove up and the big box was wheeled to the front door, Maggie disappeared. This gave me a chance to cut open the box, put the furniture movers under the tree and move it to the corner by the patio door. Even had a chance to sprinkle some Catnip on each level before Maggie showed up.
I put her on the 2nd level and the first thing she did after smelling the Catnip was to sharpen her claws on the rug covering. Well, I guess that's what it's there for.
Then I put her on the 3rd level and she enjoyed that view out the window for the longest time. She rolled around in the cradle and wanted to play rough with me.
Look at the expression on her face in the second picture. Total Bliss. You can tell she is just loving it. She almost forgot to bug me for her canned cat food tonight.
So far, Maggie only got on the first level by herself, but I'm sure that will change by tomorrow. Sometimes she runs around here like a crazy cat, running behind the TV, jumping on the back of the couch and just going nuts.
This "Molly and Friends" cat tree should keep her off the far end of the table and the 4 foot bookcase. She used those to look out the patio door.
Tonight she is one happy cat!!

No comments: