Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

Where were you on 9/11?
I was still in bed. My husband was up. The phone rang. It was our daughter in Switzerland, asking if we were watching TV. She said the U.S. was being attacked.
John turned the TV on and came in to tell me. I was confused about the news. What did he say? What did he mean?
Watching it on TV was so unreal. When it finally sunk in that this was really happening, I called my sister-in-law who was just as shocked as we were.
Watching the planes fly into the tall towers gave me a sick feeling. I'm sure it was the same feeling that a lot of people had.
My husband and I had just flown to Switzerland that spring to visit our daughter. It was my first ride in a large airplane. I would never have gone on that plane if the attack had happened before then.

No comments: