Thursday, October 21, 2010

Before & After

I've had a lot of changes made here since moving to the MH park. One of the last things on the list was the drapes that were hanging in the living room. The old owners were supposed to leave the window coverings when they moved. They definitely took the sheers and I guess that made the big difference in how it looked. I still think they changed the drapes as well because after they moved they somehow got really ugly. Some of the drapery rods were hung crooked. Didn't I notice anything when we came to look at this place?
Today, my niece, Roxanne was here and took down the old drapes and hung up the new blinds and the sheers. It made a world of difference! Roxanne has done a wonderful job. She will be back tomorrow to finish hanging the sheers and maybe some pictures.
I wanted this place to look nice before my daughter comes to visit for Thanksgiving. That was her original idea for coming and then she insisted she wanted me to have knee replacement surgery so she can look after me for a couple of weeks. I know I have been putting it off for too long. I have the sugery scheduled for November 17 and she will be here that day. So, more big events coming up.
I need to clear my mind and decide on what to do with all the stuff that I have yet to find a place for. Guess I just have to turn loose of things. I think I'm afraid if I give up the things that trigger memories, I will no longer remember the events surrounding them. I do a lot of looking back. (That goes with old age.)

No comments: