Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Maggie

Last Monday I finally took Maggie to the vet to get up-to-date with her shots. I got her 3 years ago from the Animal Shelter and she hasn't had any shots since.
I put the cat carrier on the floor and since she had never been in it, she was curious and crawled right in. But when I wanted to zip it back up, she got out. I had to push her head down with one hand and zip it up with the other.
Poor Maggie she was scared in the car and meowed all the way to the vet. They gave her 3 shots and poked her all over. I put the cat carrier on the steel table and Maggie crawled right in and laid down. She wanted to go home!!
Maggie has been doing a lot of visiting around the neighborhood. She likes to go to my sister's house about a block away. She goes to the back door where the bird feeder is hanging. Maggie likes to be invited inside. The first time she was inside she inspected every room and didn't want to leave. One day I asked Carolyn to keep her in because I wanted to come pick her up. She knows the sound of my car and when I drove up, Maggie went and hid in the closet.
All the animals like Ruth, my neighbor across the street. One day when Ruth was sitting on her porch, her phone rang, when she went in to answer it, Maggie squeezed in the door and went from room to room. She went in the closet and wouldn't let Ruth catch her. The next day, Maggie was there at the door with her nose pressed to the screen. She wanted in.
I sure hope all my neighbors like cats.

No comments: