Friday, August 5, 2011

Last Weekend

Saturday I had a nice visit with Mandy and John. They drove down from Chico to attend Mandy's other Grandma's birthday party in Modesto.
When they got to my place around four, we went for a dip in the pool. This was my first time in the pool since moving here. It wasn't quite as relaxing as I expected. My feet cramped up and my leg muscle tightened. Maybe the water wasn't warm enough.
After that we went to Nagame's for dinner. The picture of them was taken there. I love Mandy's new top. Very cute.
Sunday morning we had a late breakfast at Granny's Kitchen in Atwater. It was our first time there. Nice homey place to eat. A little noisy (voices) but hey, sounds like family. I'm sure I'll go back again.

Tuesday was the Winton Historical Society meeting. I took the last of the Iris plants with me and begged people to take them home.
They did!!! Thank you everyone.
I gave them a link to my Iris flowers at flickr.
What really surprised me, was the next day (August 3) people discovered my old Merced post cards at flickr. It had the most hits I have ever seen. Photos were clicked on 858 times; 8 photo streams and 63 sets.
All that in one day. Wow!! That sure was a record for my photos at flickr. Most of the hits were the Merced post cards. You can find the link to my pictures there on the left, if interested in seeing them, or click here to see the set of vintage Merced post cards.
I'm having Joe the gardener do some extra work for me Saturday, so I'm hoping to get my Iris flowers replanted next week.

No comments: