Sunday, October 28, 2012

Bazaar This Saturday

I took this picture of the Atwater United Methodist Church with my new camera. Although I am still in the automatic mode, I think it's a better picture than I could get with my "point and shoot" camera. I really like having a zoom lens and also a single lens reflex.
The church is located on the corner of Bellevue and Linden Street. It's across from the Jantz Cafe, and in the background you can see the Brooks Ranch Resturant.
This Saturday, November 3rd, the United Methodist Women are having a Bazaar in the Fellowship Hall from 8:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Everyone is invited to come and browse the many crafts, plants, bake goods, etc. Come out and do some Christmas shopping.
All proceeds from the sale is for mission projects around the world. Stay for a lunch of soup, sandwich and pie, lunch available from around 10:00 a.m.
This view is from the Linden Street side, showing the offices. The front door to the church is to the left. There is another door to the church from the Bellevue parking lot side, which is where I always park. The Fellowship Hall can be reached from either the Linden parking lot or the Bellevue parking lot.
Come by and say hi. We're a friendly group. I'm taking 10 Iris plants that I divided a few months ago. A picture display will let you see what the flowers look like. Ten pictures, 10 plants, no duplicates. $3.00 each is a bargain considering what some of them cost from the grower.

No comments: