Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Winton Old Timers 2012

This is one of 105 pictures that Norm Giesbrecht took at the Winton Old Timers reunion on September 30.
You can see the rest of them at flickr. We had ten 90+ guests this year. There were several out-of-state people there; from Idaho, Kansas, Nevada, Arizona and Florida. And maybe others. Those are the ones I know about.
I was collecting dues for the Winton Historical Society again this year. Someone else will take my place next year, because I get my wish to be able to mingle with the people and take pictures. Norm will be there too so we'll be sure to have some good shots.
I'm really excited about buying a new digital single lens reflex camera and practice with it before the next Old Timers reunion next September.
What will I practice on? Well, the tombstones at the Winton District Cemetery; my cat Maggie, not sure what else. Maybe a close-up of a flower or two. Anyway, it sounds like lots of fun and I can hardly wait to get my hands on an SLR camera. (It's going to be a Nikon D5100.)

No comments: