Thursday, July 10, 2008

Dog Days of Summer

If these aren't the Dog Days of Summer, they sure feel like it. It's been well over 100 degrees for at least a week. Hate to think what the Hot August Nights will be like.
Yesterday my sister and I had appointments with our Reflexologist in Turlock, we both needed the treatments, so no way we were going to cancel. We got through just in time for an early lunch at the Jantz Cafe in Atwater. It's always so busy, especially Wednesdays at noon. They give you a free piece of pie with your lunch. We had Coconut Cream. Delicious!!
So, after an hour to rest our tummys at her place, we went swimming in the mobile home park's pool. It felt so good. It was the first time my sister has been swimming in 3 years. But it's been 13 years for me. I tried on my 15-year old bathing suit and was surprised that it was able to stretch enough to cover me.
No, sorry, there are no pictures. LOL. We had a great time in the water. Hated to get out, but didn't want to get a sunburn. Guess we'll have to try that again. We had the pool all to ourselves. I guess the others are smarter than to go in the pool in the hottest part of the day.

No comments: