Friday, April 17, 2009

His Iris Garden in Merced

Good News!!
Merced has a walkable Iris garden again. Actually, it's the same people and location as the April Enchanted Iris Garden. They were online only, for a few years and now back to inviting people to walk around with a list and decide on which ones to purchase. The Irises are dug up in late July, ready to plant in your yard.
Do a google search for His Iris Garden or click here.
This is a picture of Purple Pepper, I always like the speckled ones. So Pretty.
I was happy to know that Hello Darkness was still available, as well as a couple of others I used to have.
Beverly Sills is another pretty one that I ordered today. Now for sure I will have to give away my duplicates to make room for the new ones. Pictures of my Iris flowers are on flickr.
If you live near Merced, be sure to check out His Iris Garden at 2669 Seal Court, off of Yosemite Avenue. (Turn left on Perch at the last traffic light, going East on Yosemite Avenue, the garden is on the right.) There was an ad in the Merced Sun-Star today saying they will be open Fridays, Saturdays (10-6) and Sundays (noon to 6). If you missed their ad, check out the website.

No comments: