Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Unknowns are Blooming

The yellow Irises is one group of Unknowns that are blooming. This year, I tagged them all with a different color twist-em for each color or named Iris as it bloomed. I wish I knew the name of the pretty yellow ones, but the person who gave me a start of them, didn't know the name either. In the background is the Lavender Trumpet Vine. I'd like to also have a red or orange one because the Humming Birds are crazy about them.
Some of my other Unknown Irises are blooming also, I think I will be able to tag them all this year. I'm hoping to give most of the duplicates away.
Here is a picture of "Strictly Jazz" that I got from Cathey's Valley last year. It sure is a pretty one. Not all of my new ones have bloomed yet.

I was surprised today to see I have a duplicate of Royal Crusader, one of my favorites. I don't think there will be any more surprises with the unknowns.

No comments: