Sunday, April 12, 2009

Progress in the Backyard

MY NEW SAND BOX!!!
The Gardener was here yesterday and built the raised flower bed. He worked for 5 hours, first digging up the plants, then tilling the ground, then building the flower box, then hauling the new soil from his pickup to the finished flower bed and last replanting the flower plants.
The Adonis Blue Butterfly Bush doesn't look too happy about it all, but I hope it will perk up in a day or two.
I'm going to have fun with this "Sand Box" it will be so easy to buy a 6 pack of whatever is blooming and keep some color in the yard year-round. I hope Maggie and her feline friends don't think it's their sand box.
In a couple of weeks the gardener will bring in more sandy soil and the sod. So, at last I will have some lawn. I'll have to buy a lawn mower, I'm sure it will be an electric one. No fussing with trying to start it or buying gas, etc. Just have to be sure to keep the extension cord behind me.

Here is another Iris in bloom, It's Bragging Rights, a new one from the Superstition Iris Garden in Cathey's Valley. More Irises are blooming every day. Spring is my favorite time of year.
The rose is "Playboy" one of my favorites. My son-in-law gave me this rose bush several years ago for my birthday. I have other favorites like, Taboo, a very dark red rose and of course Peace, introduced in 1946, right after WWII.

No comments: