Friday, May 1, 2009

Thursday Night Rain

Well, surprise - it rained last night and this morning it is still cool. So, what's the best thing to do on a morning like this? You go out in the yard and harvest those pesty snails. I grabbed the plastic bag the newspaper comes in and looked the Iris plants over. Sure enough, I found quite a few big granddaddies. It wasn't long before the bag was heavy with them. They really like the Iris and the Desert Primrose. Oh, and the Gazinas. Probably anything green and tender.
I have another Iris in bloom. This one is Ruffled Goddess. It's new to me this year, so I won't be transplanting it in July/August. I have decided though that when I get the six new plants from His Iris Garden in late July, I'm going to plant my Irises in rows, with furrows to irrigate them. Just like a real Iris garden. I'll dig up the Iris plants around the patio and plant something else there. I'm hoping to find some red Coreopsis. Maybe even a Bloomarang Lilac. The search goes on.

No comments: