Saturday, May 16, 2009

Today

My sister, Carolyn and I went to the fund raiser for Grace Home in Livingston today. It started at 9 a.m., but we were there even earlier. We wanted to browse through the old books and get first chance at them. I was only looking for 2 particular books, so of course I didn't find them. Carolyn bought some books from the 'yard sale.' There was a lot to look at, but I only bought something to eat. The above picture is the ice cream machine. It sounds like a "Poppin' Johnny" one of the John Deere machines. The man had to oil it to keep it running smoothly.
It certainly made very good ice cream!!
We visited with quite a few people and had a good time. Next year, we may not go so early. And maybe it won't be so hot as it was today.
The two books I am looking for are, "Favorite Recipes From Our Best Cooks, Cookbook" and "The New Cookbook, Favorite Recipes of Our Best Cooks" by Women of the Atwater First Church of God. I do have a zerox copy of that one, but if I found an original, that would be good to have.
As you can guess, we are hot on the trail for recipes for the Winton Centennial Cookbook. We have permission from some relatives to submit a few of their recipes in their name. So, that is very helpful. We're hoping for 500 recipes, it's hard to get that many.

No comments: