Sunday, July 26, 2009

Good Ole Summertime

My Morning Glory vine is finally getting a decent amount of flowers. I'm still hoping for a lot more.
The piano tuner was here on Monday. It hadn't been tuned in years, but still it was not in too bad a shape. So, right away, I got out some very easy arrangements and pretended I could play AND sing!! Wow! Sure hope the neighbors didn't hear me. I enjoyed it though, so what the heck. It was fun.
Then on Thursday, the air-conditioner went out. I had it set on 79 and it seemed so hot in here. Well, it was up to 87 degrees by 5 p.m. Sure glad we had the whole-house fan put in. After it cooled down a little outside, I was able to get the house cooled down to where it wasn't too bad in here. The next day, someone from Bob's Refrigeration came by and fixed it. A part needed replacing, so I was relieved that it only cost $104. to fix it.
July and August are the months when the Iris plants are dormant and the perfect time to dig them up and separate them. I decided to move my Irises from around the patio to another area and plant them in rows. I started digging them up yesterday. I want to keep track of the names, so got big grocery bags, the paper ones, and wrote the name of the Iris plant on it. There are 25 different ones, so don't have quite enough bags. I'm giving the duplicates away, so I'm putting the names on slips of paper and stappling it to a leaf. I thought that was the easiest way to do it.
Tomorrow we're having a committee meeting for the Winton Old Timers. Can't believe the time is almost here. We have the hot month of August and then summer will be over.

No comments: