Thursday, July 16, 2009

This Week

This is my daughter, Sandy, taking pictures in Paris last week. What does this picture have to do with my week here in Merced? Nothing.
I just like this colorful picture. Sandy, hope you don't mind.

It seems like something was going on every day this week. On Monday, my sister and I had appointments with Miguel in Turlock. I told him my hairdresser asked if I was still going to the Reflexologist and that she said she can see an improvement in my face each time she sees me. (Only once every two months for a hair cut.)
After the usual treatment, Miguel used the green crystals on me for the first time. The crystals were such a dark color that I thought they were black. They are attached to a board and Miguel holds the board over me without touching me. I was amazed at what I felt. First my jaw line felt a little warm with some movement, like twinges. Miguel moved this board around from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet. The bottom of my feet got much warmer. But what really surprised me the most was the spot on the inside of my left knee, it was actually hot. The spot was about the size of a silver dollar. This is the spot that used to be so sore. Miguel said as the blockages are removed, the area gets warm with the blood circulating. I'm going to ask him to use the crystals every time. I thought they were great!
We go every 6 weeks for a treatment.
Tuesday was a stay-at-home day.
Wednesday was my volunteer day in the genealogy room in the Merced County Library. It's only from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. Every Wednesday afternoon, members from the Merced County Genealogical Society volunteer to offer help to anyone who would like some assistance. I go every 3rd Wednesday and hope I will be of help to someone. It wasn't busy, spent some time on the computer (Ancestry) and then read some interesting local history and some Mennonite history.

Today, my sister and I attended the Mature Drivers class in Atwater. It started at 8:30 this morning and ended about 4:00 p.m. The day went pretty fast as it was interesting. We should get our certificates in the mail next week and I will give my insurance company a copy. I hope this will help lower my car insurance.
Tomorrow, it's lunch with the "Golden Girls" a couple of friends from work. We never talk about work anymore, it's just about our current lives, the wonderful days since retirement.
Saturday is the Merced County Genealogical Society meeting. Sunday is a big watering day, front and back yards. Monday the piano tuner is coming.
And so it goes.

2 comments:

mandy said...

Grandma, you're busier than I am! No wonder we haven't caught up yet this week! :)

Anonymous said...

Mandy, I only do one thing a day. You work ALL day.
It's great to be retired.