Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cookbook Kit

This is not about flowers, but I had to include a picture. This is Pink Cloud Gaura from the raised flower bed.

EXCITING NEWS:
Today I received the cookbook kit from Morris Press.
There are so MANY options to choose from.
It will take a while to get it clear in my head before our first cookbook committee meeting.
I know it's hard to get everyone together for a lot of meetings, so the easier I can make it on the committee, the better.
I'll be pouring over the Cookbook Publishing Guide and then type up a page or two with options and prices for our consideration.
They sent 3 sample cookbooks and of course I like the one with all the bells and whistles.
I'm eager to know what the committee will think of the different options.

We can even have a contributor index as well as the recipe index.
Now I'm thinking I may have submitted too many recipes. (grin)
Decisions, decisions.

From the recipes we have so far, I know this is going to be the best recipe book ever!! I just hope no one later says they didn't know about it or they would have submitted some recipes. That happened with our last book, so be sure to tell your friends and relatives to send in their favorites. Or drop them off at the Winton Old Timers reunion on Sunday, Sept. 27.

Probably some people felt they sent in their favorites for the last recipe book. There are a lot of good recipes there also, but how could we justify having repeats?
I don't know how people would feel about that, one way or the other. We'll have a good sized book without repeats.

Too bad our "Hometown Recipes" is out of print. It is a cute book with 9 vintage pictures of Winton.
But, I am sure the committee will do a bang-up job with the new book. It's bound to be a treasured souvenir of the Winton Centennial.

Besides the recipe book, I need to get busy on the next newsletter. It has to be printed before September 30. But, we want to include reports / stories from the Old Timers. It feels like hurry up and wait. Or wait and hurry up.
It's making me nervous. I hope it all gets done in time.

No comments: