Sunday, November 22, 2009

It's Just A Number

Last week I was at the Merced Mall and decided I needed a new pair of Gloria Vanderbuilt cotton twill pants. I tried on the usual size and also a size larger.
Well, guess which one fit? The larger one of course. Wasn't too happy about that, but what are you going to do?
A couple of days later, decided I needed a pair of brown shoes to go with the brown pants. Found a pair of Skechers that I liked and guess what?
Again I had to buy a whole size larger than usual.
I do like to be comfortable and that trumps over the embarrassment of having to confess what size I wear.
But, who's going to ask?
I blame the sizes on the fact that nothing is made in the U.S. anymore.
That's a shame. The pants were made in Kenya and the shoes in China.
Come on, we all know they have little feet over there!

Then I got on the scale. I have lost a few pounds!! So, go figure.
The size on the label is just a number.
(Good thing I don't have a full-length mirror.)

No comments: