Tuesday, November 3, 2009

WHS Meeting

Today, being the first Tuesday of the month was the meeting of the Winton Historical Society. I always enjoy it. Fun to see people you've known for years and the ones you recently became friends with. It's like having a relaxing low-key party.
A few more recipes were turned in today. The total count now is 560. Wow. And I was afraid we wouldn't make it to 500. More are promised, so I hope they are still coming in. I would like to try so many of the recipes! Or better yet, have the contributors make the recipe for me. (grin)
Today I received the story for the newsletter that I was waiting for, so now I need to get busy on that. I think the newsletter will be interesting to anyone who remembers the Good Old Days in Winton. I'm grateful for the people who take the time to write their memories of Winton to share with the rest of us.
We had a "mini" meeting of the Old Timers Committee at the end of our historical society meeting. Everyone agreed that 2009 was one of the best reunions ever.
Having most of the food catered worked very well. We had many compliments on the food this year. The day was well organized.

I have been scanning Winton pictures that we borrowed from Bob Anderson's son and daughter. I am embarrassed about how long I've had them. But I am almost done.
Here is a picture I was very happy to scan. It's Aunt Lena Horst, a retired teacher telling a story to her niece's students at Winton School. Aunt Lena loved the children and really enjoyed visiting Jackie's classroom.

No comments: