Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

I went to Hornitos to my sister-in-law's for Thanksgiving dinner this year. She always has a lot of her immediate family around, and that's always nice. We had a wonderful meal with turkey and all that goes with it, including the pumpkin pie.
Black Friday, I woke up at 4:30, which surprised me, so thought I might as well go shopping. Left the house at 5 a.m. for Kohl's at the Mall. I saw a vegetable grater and a sandwich maker (Panini Grill) that I wanted to buy. I walked in and was surprised that there weren't a lot of people milling around. They opened at 4 a.m.
Got the two items I wanted and then asked someone what they were in line for? Well, there were several LONG lines of people waiting to be checked out. Everyone else was there earlier than me and was ready to be checked out. It took at least 30 minutes to reach the cash registers. They had 5 or 6 going where I got checked out and I don't know how many at the other end of the store. I didn't bother to look at clothes either, decided it wasn't worth it. Get my kitchen gadgets and get out of there. I'm expecting some great sandwiches in the next few days. (grin)
The Fuyu Persimmon tree is loaded again this year. A lot of them have been picked already, but I will have to pick the rest of them before Joe comes to prune the fruit trees. Also the birds will get the fruit if I leave them on the tree too long. Too bad. I love just picking the fruit off the tree as I eat them. I couldn't believe how expensive the Persimmons are in the store. 4 for $5.00. I should put a fruit stand in front of my house. ha I think I said that before when I had so many peach trees.
December 7 -- What a difference a week makes. Here is that same Persimmon tree without the leaves. Kind of pretty with all the orange Fuyus on it. I don't know if the frost will hurt the fruit. It was supposed to snow in Merced today. It didn't quite make it, but sure was cold.

No comments: