Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Iris Bloom of the Year

I took this picture of Captain Hook today, it was in full bloom by February 8. Never had any Iris bloom that early before. It has 4 or 5 more buds on it. Bridal Fashion has quite a few buds on it too. It's a pretty white ruffled Iris. I wonder how long they will bloom? Some others will be in bloom in April and May.

Maggie is still loving her cat tree. When I am sitting at the table having a bite to eat, she gets on the top level and stares at me while I'm eating. How do you teach a cat that it's not polite to stare?
I have a cat toy that we have fun playing with. It's a glove with long fingers with a pom-pom at the end of each finger. Maggie can really
get wild when we play with that on the cat tree. She gets so excited and climbs from level to level and finally wears herself out.
Maggie likes to tear paper and cardboard. I was concerned about that, but read on the Internet that some cats like to do that. I thought she was missing something in her diet, but I guess she is just being playful or ornery. She doesn't eat it, just tears it and spits it out.
I still think she would have fun playing with another cat, but I'm not going to try that again. She won't let the "intruder" come near her and she looks at me like she's really mad. You can tell who's the boss around here.

No comments: