Saturday, February 6, 2010

Where Did the Irises Go?

The weeds have taken over the Iris garden. You'd never know I sprinkled some Preen on it months ago. I don't know what went wrong. It's too wet and muddy to get out there and pull weeds. Half of the top soil comes up with the roots. For that reason, I hope it stops raining soon, at least long enough to dry out a bit. I hear it's supposed to rain all next week though. I'm getting worried about the Iris plants. I do hope they survive. That's a Pomagrante tree on the right.
I have two short rows of Irises in another spot. Here is a picture of "Captain Hook" trying to bloom already. Usually they start blooming the first of April, so not sure what's with this one. Will it bloom this early every year?
I see there is a baby snail trying to eat my plant. I must get out there with the plastic bags the newspaper comes in and pick them off and throw it in the garbage.

I finished typing an index of recipes in a subcategory format. I wanted to group them together within the subcategory but the miscellaneous desserts were impossible to do. Boy, am I ready to be done with that part of the process. Yesterday I got the information typed in online so the committee members can start typing in the recipes. At last count we have 640 recipes, so if you had planned to send one in, but didn't, please do so ASAP. But please don't send me 25, they won't all make it to the centennial cookbook. LOL.

No comments: