Sunday, June 27, 2010

I'm Still Here

I haven't moved yet, but things are moving along. I'll be glad to get this all over with. In the meantime, the apricots and early peaches are ripe. A couple of sisters and a niece came over today to pick some. The peaches should have been thinned, but I guess the new owners will do that next year. The apricots didn't have such a big crop this year, but they are bigger and are very nice. The apricots are Tilton and the peaches are FlavorCrest. I sure would like to find the Flavorcrest in an Ultra Dwarf size.
Here is a picture of my back yard at the MH park. I'm going to have that big Grapefruit tree taken out as soon as possible. I hope there will be enough room for the Ultra Dwarf fruit trees that I want to plant and also some Irises. You can't see all of the back yard in the picture. It's a little wider towards the road. It doesn't go beyond the Grapefruit tree though. We're not allowed to have fences, but we can have hedges if we want to. I think a row of fruit trees would be a good way to define my lot.
I just have to convince the manager that what I want to do is a wonderful idea. lol. I already have permission to have that Grapefruit tree taken out because it grew too large for that location.

Here's a picture of part of the front and the side yard. It's on a corner lot, which means lots of lawn, but that's O.K. There are automatic sprinklers and a man mows it for a very cheap price. It's a short distance to my sister's place and not far from the swimming pool. Summertime, and the livin' is easy. ONCE I GET IN.

No comments: