Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Before the Move

A few days before moving day, Joe chopped down the grapefruit tree. It was a huge job, it took 3 pickup loads to haul it all off. Sunday morning I planted some Irises there. They will get all day sun, it should be a good spot for them.
There are some really OLD rose bushes here. I want to replace them, but will wait until December so I can buy bare-root roses. I might have one taken out now if I can find a nice Butterfly bush to take its place.
Also before moving day, I went to Sears and bought a new refrigerator and washer and dryer. Here is a picture of the installers with the fridge. The 33 inch side-by-side just barely fit in that space. My old fridge was too wide by two inches!! My old dryer was gas, so had to buy a new set.
Little by little I'll have some changes made around here. Starting with the kitchen, I hope. The former owners had the kitchen counter rasied up a good 5 inches. I'm shorter than average and it's just too high for me. Same thing in my bathroom. The vanity is 37 inches high, they are usually 31 or 32, something like that. Good grief!!!
I have some big projects in mind.

No comments: