Friday, February 25, 2011

The Day the Rains Came

And that would be today. And Boy, did it rain. We had several downpours. I had planned to go to Merced, but when the heavy rains came; forget it. I spent all day working on the next newsletter for the Winton Historical Society.
I like watching it rain, but I get a little worried when we get so much at one time.
The little strip between me and my next door neighbor gets flooded every time it rains. I don't think the lilac bush I bought likes wet feet. I worry about that plant. It's probably too much water for the rose bush and the Geranium too.
Must be hard pan in that area. I'm thankful though that where the fruit trees are planted, there doesn't seem to be a problem. The rain soaks right in.
There is more rain in the forecast for the next couple of days. Lots of snow in the mountains. Roads are closed in the Sierras and on the Grapevine. I'll take the rain.

No comments: