Friday, March 11, 2011

Aunt Ernestine's birthday

March 4, 2011 was Aunt Ernestine's 95th birthday. Her great-niece Sharon invited her out to dinner. Helen and I were invited to help celebrate Aunt 'Teen's birthday.
We met at Ernestine's house and still had to decide where to go. I asked if everyone liked Japanese food. They were not familiar with it, so we decided to go to Brooks Ranch in Atwater.
I was surprised to see a few people there that I know.
Ernestine is going to move the end of April into another duplex within the same gated community where she now lives. She will be closer to her cousin, Helen and that will be handy. Here is a picture of Helen and Sharon. Sharon took a picture of Aunt Ernestine and me. I wasn't going to post it, but I want Sandy to know I was wearing the beautiful shawl she knitted for me. Several people have asked me if it is crocheted. I guess it looks too difficult to knit. It's a very intricate lace knit and I just love it.
Looks like I was in a hurry when I put it on.
Today I finally signed up at Anberry for my one free month of exercises in the heated pool. The weather has been so cold that I didn't feel like doing it sooner. Several other people were in the pool. Four of them came in wheelchairs. It was interesting to watch how their family member or friend got them out of the pool. First the wheelchair was thrown in the pool and then the friend helped them over to the wheelchair, got them in it and wheeled them up the long ramp and out of the water.
I was there for an hour, mostly doing the exercises that I used to do at the bars in the machine room. I enjoyed being in the water. Dog-paddled a little and swam on my back. I'm not much of a swimmer, but can stay above water. ha,ha.

No comments: