Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Winton Spring Parade

This picture was taken in April 2009 at the Winton Spring Festival parade. Don Morgado is driving his 1927 Model A; Lucille Sanders is inside and my sister, Carolyn Wiens and I are in the rumble seat.

This year the Winton Spring parade will be held Saturday, April 9, 2011. The parade starts at 11:00 a.m. at the Winton Fire House park and will end at the Winton Park on the corner of Winton Way and Olive Avenue. Carnival rides will be there again for the kids enjoyment. Food will be available in the park, hot dogs, hamburgers, etc. and soda pop. Plan to attend and have a great time.

CORRECTION: This year, my sister and I will set up a small table in the park where the people will be cooking the food. We will be selling the Winton Centennial recipe books ($15.00) and the souvenir mugs ($6.00) for the Winton Historical Society.
Come by and see us. Tell your friends. Several people have asked me where they can buy the recipe books, so here is one opportunity.
Just found out that my husband's Aunt Ernestine will be one of the Grand Marshals in the parade. How exciting.

On Saturday, May 7, Castle Vista will hold a Craft Bazaar in their club house at 2300 Cascade Drive. The gates will be open to the public that day. Castle Vista is off of Juniper Avenue between Shaffer Road and Buhach in Atwater. We will be selling the recipe books and souvenir mugs there also.
Or you can phone us, we're in the phone book: Richards, L.G. or Wiens, C. and make arrangements to pick one up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a Winton! I stumbled upon this link, I love it. It makes me want to travel to the town of Winton, which I didn't know there was one!!! I am from Orange County California, however the Winton side of my family are from Alabama/Tennessee. Thank you for this page, it sure makes me proud of my name :) ~ Christine Winton

Anonymous said...

Hello Wintonites!
E.P. Arviso here from sunny Palm Springs.
So happy to see that someone is keeping the history and the love of a small town alive and well.
Looking forward to seeing more posts in the future.