Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Milestones

This morning, something felt a little different. My mind seems a little more clear and ready to make a few more decisions. Just small ones.
I looked on the calendar, and sure enough, today is exactly one year since I moved into my mobile home in Rancho Grande. It was a good move for a widow who is a senior citizen. I feel completely safe here. Sure, I do lock my doors, but more out of habit than anything else.
Today I feel less stressful, a little more relaxed about what I need to do and decisions that need to be made.
The fact that Carolyn and I had our reflexology treatments at Miguel's yesterday in Turlock helps the relaxed feeling also. My right hip and knee feel so much better than it has in a long time. It's been 8 months since I had knee replacement and my muscles were so tense in my right leg. It's more relaxed today.
I've been thinking about what I want to do in the yard next year. Or maybe even this year. I could get a start on it. I want to get a half barrel or container that size or bigger and plant a Black Mission Fig tree in it. I read you can keep them pretty small. Also another large container for a thornless Blackberry vine. The containers would be on the south side of the mobile and would get plenty of sun.
Having them in containers would make it easier to spray the weeds on the ground with Roundup or something similar.
My Iris plants look like they are going dormant and so it is about time to dig them up and plant the Fuyu Persimmon tree. I should have waited to buy the tree. It doesn't look too happy in the 5 gallon container. Maybe didn't get watered often enough. Pictured above are the pink Coreopsis that I ordered from Wayside months ago. Couldn't find any locally, so had to order the very small plants. Planning what to do in the yard is exciting. What is not so exciting, but I'm finally willing to tackle are the boxes in the spare bedroom. Time to turn loose of some of that stuff.
Amen.

No comments: