Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fruit Trees are Pruned

Here's my Maggie, going to take a little nap. She is more spoiled than ever.
Today my favorite orchard man came over and pruned my fruit trees. They didn't need a lot of pruning, just kind of shaping them up. I was glad to hear that it's o.k. to plant flowers around the trees. I thought they would use too much of the fertilizer.
So, now I am excited about pruning the roses and deciding what I'm going to plant in the yard. I can't tell yet what will survive the low temperatures we had this winter.
I bought a new container of Round-Up the other day. This one is "extended" Round-Up. The saleman said it would kill the seeds as well as the weeds. I'll have to be careful where I use it. Definitely around the roses. I'm not going to plant anything else around the roses this year so I can get rid of the weeds!!!
Finally finished the January/February newsletter for the Winton Historical Society. They will go out Tuesday. Some of the members will meet late morning to fold them for mailing. Now it's time to start thinking about the next one. I hate to panic at the last minute. I'm hoping the people who said they are going to write a story will come through with it. If everyone sends in their story, it should almost fill the next issue.
Wouldn't that be wonderful. . . .

No comments: