Monday, December 22, 2008

Last Tuesday

Last Tuesday, two of my sisters and I went to Glenn to attend funeral services for our cousin, Rodney Giesbrecht. I can't remember the last time I had seen him. The Glenn Mennonite Church was filled to capacity with people I didn't know. Many were relatives, but I had to be introduced to them. Rodney's sisters came from Idaho, so I hadn't seen them in a long time either. It makes you think back to when you were young and your cousins introduced you to the game of Monopoly. How quickly the years go by.
There was quite a long procession of cars going to the cemetery in Willows, then back again for the meal at the church.
After that I called my daughter who lives in Orland; she teaches at a very small school in the country. She left the school early and came out to the dairy and gave my sisters the story on making cheese. It was getting late by then and we wanted to see the new Mennonite Church West of Willows. Here is a picture of the front entrance. The church sits on a hill with pretty green fields all around. Very nice setting. I was told that Mennonite members have farms in the surrounding area.
Elsie drove us there and back. It makes a long day when you have to get up before 4 a.m. and none of us sleeping good the night before. Why does that always happen when you are going somewhere? But we made it there o.k. in plenty of time and I got home around 9 p.m. Maggie was watching for me at her little cat door as I drove in the garage.

No comments: