Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Resolutions

It's time for our New Year's Resolutions. I have been thinking about this for a while now. At first I wasn't going to have any "Resolutions" but decided on just a few. Everything else I have on my lists will be more or less "suggestions." I don't like to move out of my comfort zone!
Resolution #1 ~ I purchased a copy of "The One Year Bible." it is not laid out like a regular Bible; for instance, on January 1, you read part of Genesis from the Old Testament, part of Matthew from the New Testament, some verses from Psalms and last something from Proverbs. January 2, same books, different verses. I'll see how I like that. My resolution is to read the entire Bible in one year. If I get behind, I'll have to play "catch-up."
I also bought the "Amplified Bible" which says it captures original Greek and Hebrew meaning. I noticed it does make it more interesting.
Resolution #2 is to try a new recipe at least once a week. I'm going to make my own personal recipe book (binder)and by the end of the year, I hope to have a minimum of 52 recipes that I like and like to make, with a focus on vegetables and main dishes. Oh, and fabulous sandwiches. (grin)
I hope that goes well.
Resolution #3 - I plan to continue looking for out-of-the-ordinary Perennials and keep them growing in the yard.
The rest I am reluctant to post here. It has to do with being more organized, "a place for everything and everything in its place." If I make that a resolution, I think I will set myself up for failure. It's one of my "suggestions." There will be lots more of those. They are fun to think about and put on paper.
You'll notice I didn't mention losing weight. lol

No comments: