Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cat World

Today I brought Sam home from the Animal Shelter. He was happy to be out of that little cage he shared with another cat. He played with some of Maggie's cat toys and that was cute, couldn't get a picture though. He also found the bird that chirps, I heard that go off at least 3 times. Sam likes my recliner. When I hold him he tries to give me a strong hug and he has a loud purr. But, he sneezes a lot. I'll have to take him to the Vet and see what's wrong with him.
Maggie didn't give him a very warm welcome. She is not too happy with me for bringing this intruder home. At least they are not fighting, so I think Maggie will get used to him.Maggie prefers the couch if she's not on my lap. I'm not sure what the sleeping arrangements will be tonight. Maggie is used to sleeping on her side of the bed. Maybe Sam will be happy at the foot of the bed. I just hope he's a healthy cat. That's my only concern right now. I have to take Sam back next month to be neutered. I thought they did that before you take them home, but the Vet is only there twice a month now.
Well, this was only the first day. I hope they will be friendlier tomorrow.

4 comments:

mandy said...

Cute, grandma! Don't worry too much about the sneezing...cats in shelters get 'kennel cough'; it's really common since they're in close quarters...it's really just the common cold. :) Jake had it when we brought him home and the vet said he just needed time to get over it. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mandy, I really have been worried about him and wondered if he would pass it on to Maggie.
Good to know it's a common thing.
Grandma

Erika said...

Is there a way I can send you a picture of my cat named Nugget? She and Maggie are like twins! Mysteriously she came to my home in 2005 as an injured kitten and we have been in love since! I always ask her where on earth did you come from? As I was reading your blog which I found completely by mistake, not only does Maggie and Nugget look alike but they act very much alike as well! I wrote a story about Nugget and even for a while kept a myspace that was basically told in her own words. :) I'll check back or find me on facebook I left my link. I think this is pretty amazing!

Lorraine said...

I didn't find you on facebook. Do you have a blog or have pictures on flickr?
My Maggie continues to be a big spoiled cat.