Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Rainy Sunday

What to do on a rainy Sunday? Lay about, read the Sunday paper, take a nap with the cat on your lap. I should go grocery shopping, but I'm waiting to see if the rain will let-up.
Yesterday I went to the Animal Control Center and picked out a playmate for Maggie. I went in looking for a short-haired female cat with thick grey hair. Well, the one I adopted is a 6 mos. old male Tabby with grey and brown hair. He is SO cute and lovable, really a sweet cat. The lady opened the cage and let me hold him. He wasn't neutered yet, so couldn't bring him home. BUT - come Tuesday morning, Maggie is in for a BIG surprise!! I'll post a picture of the new Cutie later. Both of these are of Maggie.She better be nice to him, because I'm not taking this one back. I finally got serious about getting another cat because Maggie has been so restless and wanting to play with me all day. She gets too rough with me though and I have the scratches to prove it. She even attacked me close to my face one day. I thought that's it!! She's getting another cat to play with.

I finally finished the newsletter for the Winton Historical Society. What a comedy of errors! Good grief. First I decided to use a different font and typed it all up and then wondered why it printed out so light in the PDF format. After wasting a lot of time, finally figured out the font was not compatible with the Adobe Acrobat program, at least not with my OLD version (5.0). So, after I redid it with the default font in WP, I had a little more room in the document. Did I mention I tried to cram too much into one newsletter and had to go from a size 12 to size 11 font? So after all that, I could have part of it in the regular 12 size font. On and on it went, one mistake after another. Last night I finished typing the names and addresses in the label format.
So, today, I was looking at some of my recipes and deciding which ones to submit to the new WINTON CENTENNIAL COOKBOOK. Talked to my daughter, Sandy, she found the candy recipe I was looking for and emailed it to me.
I've been looking through my Aunt Bertha's old recipe box. I don't know how many of those she had, my sisters all have one, probably my cousins too. Mine has more cake recipes than anything. Found a salad recipe I'm going to try as soon as I get to the grocery store.
Well, that's how my rainy Sunday is going. Nothing exciting, just nice and relaxing.

No comments: