Monday, February 9, 2009

Today

Today I had lunch at Carrows with a couple of friends. Just as we were walking in at 11:30, we saw this funnel cloud. I had my little camera in my purse, so took a couple of pictures. The cloud was already dissipating. It was on the TV news tonight; we don't usually see such things in Merced.
We had our usual long leisurely lunch and played catch-up on what's going on in our lives. Bev went to Miguel,the Reflexologist in Turlock for the first time, because of a twitching in her ankles that sometimes kept her awake at night and Surprise! It's gone!! Chalk another one up for Miguel Gallegos!! Bev had this for years and lately it had been getting much worse, waking her up in the middle of the night.
I've been working on the Winton Historical Society's newsletter. My sister and I decided to switch jobs, so now she is the Treasurer and I am the Editor. We both will go to interview people and get their stories and maybe scan some pictures. That's the fun part. (Just call us the Roving Reporters!)
It's taking some time to figure out the front page with inserting the large picture into WordPerfect with all the text that needs to be there.
And then there's the names and addresses to type in and print out address labels. This first one is taking a lot of time, but after I get the hang of it, it shouldn't be so bad. The pages have filled up quickly. Maybe we'll have to send a newsletter every other month instead of quarterly. We'll see how it goes.
In the meantime, don't forget to send in your recipes for the Winton Centennial Cookbook.

No comments: