Sunday, March 8, 2009

Flower Plants?

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow. . . . My flower plants are growing like weeds!!
Oh wait -- those ARE weeds. Good grief. The ground has been so wet that I can't hoe or pull the weeds out yet. I tried to do just that today. I put water in the blue bucket to wash the dirt off the roots before throwing the weeds in the recycle bin. I decided to wait a couple of days and if it doesn't rain, it will be easier to whack at the weeds. I especially want to remove the weeds from around the flower plants and give them a better chance of growing.
Near the bucket you can see one of the new Iris' I got last May from Superstition Iris Garden in Cathey's Valley. Next to it is a Ranunculus. The larger plant to the left is a Perennial, one of the very few you can see above the weeds. I took pictures to remind myself to buy some Preen next year!!! I plan to use a little Round-Up, but not by the flowering plants. In the foreground is a larger, Iris plant that I've had for several years.
The house, the yard, everything seemed overwhelming. I finally got the courage to say I cannot do the newsletter any longer for the genealogy society. The Winton book is definitely a priority right now. Along with the house and yard.
I hope this good weather keeps up.

No comments: